Working with us: Production Brewer
Full-Time, Permanent Role
Salary 24,000 to £27,000 Annually depending on experience
Round Corner Brewing Ltd is a progressive and modern craft brewery based in the 1000-year-old Melton Mowbray Market in the Heart of the East Midlands. We believe Craft is about the relentless pursuit of perfection. This philosophy is why we’ve grown quickly from our humble beginnings in 2018 to now produce some of the most awarded lagers and ales in the UK.
In 2021, we were one of the highest performing breweries at the International Brewing Awards, one of the largest and most prestigious awards globally, with Steeplechase Pale Ale winning one of only a handful of trophies. So far in 2023 we scooped multiple medals at the European Beer Challenge including a Double Gold, and 4x Gold medals. At the World Beer Awards 2023 we were awarded 4x Country Winners and Gold medals.
Founded by Colin Paige - a Head Brewer who has built and run breweries across the world with almost 3 decades of commercial brewing experience & Combie Cryan who was a City Business Director who gave it all up to follow his passion into Craft Beer. Colin & Combie met in 2003 in Wellington, NZ where they were both living and working.
We are now brewing more beer than ever, and with growth scheduled for 2024, it’s time to add to our amazing brewing team.
We have an exciting opportunity for a hands-on Production Brewer, reporting to our Head Brewer - Lara. It will be centred around brewing on our 20hL Le Hui Brewhouse, cellar work and packaging on our Pneumatic Scale Angelus CB50 can filling line. This is a great opportunity to grow your brewing knowledge and add value to an already successful & flourishing independent business.
Reporting to the Head Brewer you will assist with:
Your accountabilities will include
- Wort Production – on our 20hL Le Hui steam heated 3 vessel Brewhouse
- Fermentation Management – tracking fermentations, dry-hopping and fitting into our weekend brewer roster.
- Packaging – can filling on our PSA CB50, keg filling, cask cleaning and racking completed to plan
- CIP & SIP – cleaning FVs, BBTs, can line and Brewhouse and verifying with ATP bioluminescence
- Beer transfers – Transfer our beers to BBT and manage final sign off and get ready for packaging
- Quality Analyses – Measure gravities, pHs, yeast counts, TPOs, C02s, VDKs, as well as PCR micro and use the data to make real time quality decisions.
- Maintaining excellent production records – Completing brew sheets & fermentation logs daily on BREWW, receipting raw materials, CIP logs and other documentation so we breeze through our SALSA + Beer accreditation.
- New Product Development – Work closely with the Head Brewer on our single batch releases, collaborations, and constant continuous improvement on our core range
We are a small independent business which believes in sociability, collaboration, inclusivity, and personal development. This is a fantastic time to join our amazing team. Transferring your passion for amazing independently brewed craft beer to everyone you meet will help you succeed in this role.
Your skills should include:
- 2 years plus experience as a Brewer within a hands-on Production Brewery
- Attention to detail. We really believe Craft is about the relentless pursuit of perfection, so we need you to sweat the small stuff.
- Physically fit and be able to lift 25kg repetitively.
- High level of enthusiasm and energy for Brewing – this is no 9-5 gig, will require flexibility and ability to work weekends.
- Problem solving - If you can’t fix it, be pragmatic and pro-active in finding out how. Don’t accept the status-quo
- Thoughtful, measured and considered approach. “measure twice, cut once”
Initiative to get on with what is needed to make a difference and achieve the plan in a safe and timely way.
- A strong ability to work collaboratively – we are a small and high performing team with a culture of collaboration. Sometimes to achieve our goals you will need to work across the business in other areas outside your core role.
- Motivated and respectful of others. A positive and friendly attitude with a great customer service mentality and an infectious passion for Beer
Good to have, but not essential
- A qualification in brewing such IBD diploma, B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Brewing, food science or chemical engineering is highly desirable but not essential if you show a deep understanding of brewing and passion to keep learning.
- Forklift license preferred but not essential.
- Clean driving license
What we’re offering
- A fun and exciting working environment and working as part of a multi-award-winning team and grow as we do.
- A chance to work in an independent business with big aspirations, a business you will be proud of
- Company pension scheme
- Beer allowance
If you believe this sounds like you, email your CV with a brief cover letter telling us why you would be our perfect hire to email@example.com
Please write *Production Brewer* in the subject line
This role is only open to People who already have the legal right to live and work in the UK