Working with us: Trainee Brewer
Full-Time, Permanent Role
Salary £7.49 - £10.42 Hourly
Round Corner Brewing Ltd is a progressive and modern craft brewery based in the 1000-year-old Melton Mowbray Market in the Heart of the East Midlands. We believe Craft is about the relentless pursuit of perfection. This philosophy is why we’ve grown quickly from our humble beginnings in 2018 to now produce some of the most awarded lagers and ales in the UK.
In 2021, we were one of the highest performing breweries at the International Brewing Awards, one of the largest and most prestigious awards globally, with Steeplechase Pale Ale winning one of only a handful of trophies. So far in 2023 we scooped multiple medals at the European Beer Challenge including a Double Gold, and 4x Gold medals. At the World Beer Awards 2023 we were awarded 4x Country Winners and Gold medals.
Founded by Colin Paige - a Head Brewer who has built and run breweries across the world with almost 3 decades of commercial brewing experience & Combie Cryan who was a City Business Director who gave it all up to follow his passion into Craft Beer. Colin & Combie met in 2003 in Wellington, NZ where they were both living and working.
We are now brewing more beer than ever, and with growth scheduled for 2024, it’s time to add to our amazing brewing team.
We have a vacancy for a trainee brewer to join our team in Melton Mowbray. Working as part of a small award-winning team you will gain the knowledge, understanding and skills required of a Brewer. This is a fantastic opportunity to get a true head start in an awesome industry.
Reporting to the Head Brewer you will assist with:
- Assisting in all aspects of the brewing process, from raw material intake, wort production, fermentation and packaging beer into cans and kegs.
- Hygiene – keeping our brewery clean and maintaining the high standards we have set ourselves.
- Cleaning and sanitising equipment and monitor hygiene prior to tank filling.
- Brewing award winning beer to the highest quality standards
- Quality assurance – learning techniques and methods needed to manage our beer quality.
- Represent the brewery at events and work collaboratively across our small business.
Who we are looking for.
- Ideally, English and Maths to GCSE level C (Grade 4) or above – there is some basic maths involved in brewing calculations.
- Good communicator – excellent communication is critical within our small team and with our customers
- Someone with a passion for beer, teamwork, and manufacturing. We are searching for someone who wants to grow and develop and is excited about being part of this amazing industry. Someone who will go above and beyond to ensure success for themselves and Round Corner Brewing Ltd.
- Physically fit, be able to lift 25kg repetitively.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work collaboratively. This will be no 9 – 5 gig. This role will require flexibility and the ability to work occasional weekends as part of cellar work rota.
- Motivated with a high level of enthusiasm. There is always plenty happening – get stuck in
- Respectful of others and a positive and friendly attitude with a great customer service mentality and an infectious passion for Beer
- A strong desire to learn, develop and improve.
- A clean driver’s license is desirable but not essential.
What we’re offering
- A fun and exciting working environment and working as part of a multi-award-winning team and grow as we do
- Career development – We will sponsor you through the Nottingham Brewing School Brewing Apprenticeship if this is the path you wish to follow
- A chance to work in an independent business with big aspirations, a business you will be proud of
- Company pension scheme
- Beer allowance
If you believe this sounds like you, email your CV with a brief cover letter telling us why you would be our perfect hire to email@example.com
Please put *Trainee Brewer* in the email Subject Line
This role is only open to People who already have the legal right to live and work in the UK