Working with us: Trainee Brewer
Full-Time, Permanent Role
Salary £6.83 - £9.50ph DOE
Deadline For Applications: Friday 8th July 2022, but willing to fill the roll with the right candidate before this date
Start Date: Immediate
Round Corner Brewing Ltd is a progressive and modern craft brewery based in the 1000-year-old Melton Mowbray Market in the heart of the East Midlands. We believe craft is about the relentless pursuit of perfection. This philosophy is why we’ve grown quickly from our humble beginnings in 2018 to now producing some of the most awarded lagers and ales in the UK.
In 2021, we were one of the highest performing breweries at the International Brewing Awards, one of the largest and most prestigious awards globally. Our Steeplechase Pale Ale won the Best Ale in The World Trophy, among a handful of other beers claiming highly regarded silverware. So far 2022 has started strong, with the team scooping five golds and one silver medal at the European Beer Challenge.
Round Corner Brewing Ltd was founded by Colin Paige, a Head Brewer who has built and run breweries across the world with 25 years commercial brewing experience, and Combie Cryan, a former City Business Director who gave it all up to follow his passion into craft beer. The pair met in 2003 in Wellington, New Zealand where they were both living and working at the time, before venturing to Melton Mowbray and starting their now beloved brewery.
With the recent installation of two 60hL CCVs, we’re now brewing more beer than ever, and in 2023 we’re scheduled for more capital growth, so it’s time to add to our amazing brewing team.
We have an exciting opportunity for a trainee brewer to join our team in Melton Mowbray. Working as part of a small award-winning team you will gain the knowledge, understanding and skills required of a Brewer. This is a fantastic opportunity to get a true head start in an awesome industry.
Reporting to the Lead Brewer you will assist with:
• Hygiene – keeping our brewery clean and maintaining the high standards we have set ourselves
• Packaging beer into cans and kegs
• Tank cleaning and hygiene monitoring prior to tank filling
• Brewing award winning beer to the highest quality standards
• Quality assurance – learning techniques and methods needed to manage our beer quality
• Attending occasional trade events and working collaboratively across our small business
Who We Are Looking For
• Ideally English and Maths to GCSE level C (Grade 4) or above – there is some basic maths involved in brewing calculations.
• Good communicator – excellent communication is critical within our small team and with our customers
• Someone with a passion for beer, teamwork, and manufacturing. We are searching for someone who wants to grow and develop and is excited about being part of this amazing industry. Someone who will go above and beyond to ensure success for themselves and Round Corner Brewing Ltd.
• Physically fit, be able to lift 25kg repetitively.
• Strong work ethic and ability to work collaboratively. This will be no 9 – 5 gig. This role will require flexibility and the ability to work occasional weekends.
• Motivated with a high level of There is always plenty happening – get stuck in
• Respectful of others and a positive and friendly attitude with a great customer service mentality and an infectious passion for Beer
• A strong desire to learn, develop and improve.
What We’re Offering
• A fun and exciting working environment and working as part of a multi-award-winning team and grow as we do
• Career development – We will sponsor you through the Nottingham Brewing School Brewing Apprenticeship if this is the path you wish to follow
• A chance to work in an independent business with big aspirations, a business you will be proud of
If you believe this sounds like you, email your CV with a brief cover letter telling us why you would be our perfect hire to firstname.lastname@example.org
This role is only open to People who already have the legal right to live and work in the UK