Working with us: Marketing Executive
Round Corner Brewing Ltd is an ambitious craft brewery based in the 1000-year-old Melton Mowbray Market in the Heart of the East Midlands. We believe Craft is about the relentless pursuit of perfection. This philosophy is why we’ve grown quickly from our humble beginnings in 2018 to now produce some of the most awarded lagers and ales in the UK.
We are now Brewing more beer than ever, and it is time for us to add a full-time marketing executive to help us tell our story to the World.
Success for the candidate will be judged by
• contribution to sales growth.
• successful growth in brand recognition in the UK and overseas.
• growing our newsletter subscribers and online and in person/taproom/ followers.
Through the following achievements
• Drive RCB webshop growth to create a strong contributor to overall routes to market.
• Transform the size of our newsletter subscribers and enhance engagement levels for all customers and followers and subscribers.
• Create and execute a revived Round Corner Brewing Social media plan across all platforms to deliver transformative growth in followers and engagement.
• Strengthen Round Corner's direct relationships with beer consumers and validate their choice and those of the venues or retailers choosing or considering choosing Round Corner as their beer of choice. Includes incumbent clients and areas and new market creation action plans.
• Improve our profiling of all channels to customers and market through insightful regular reports containing quantitative data, analysis and proposed actions.
• Work in association with sales teams to drive success for Round Corner through making our bar, restaurant, online and retailer trade clients successful. Includes joint marketing with trade clients, point of sale assistance and any joint events.
• Create, own and deliver all communications on festivals and events – both those that take place at our home or those beer, food or community events that build our brand nationally and internationally.
• Procurement and management of Merchandise
• We are fast growing but we are also a small team with a ‘can do’ attitude to everything and this applied to the need for all stuff to muck in wherever and whenever is necessary. We are a company where staff who view overall success of the brewery as the primary motivation and they prioritise their own contribution accordingly.
• Previous experience in marketing is an advantage, but not essential.
• Analytical – it is vital that this person is analytical, including the creation and sharing of regular quantitative and qualitative reports on number of followers, customers, engagement levels etc. Even more importantly, they thrive in turning analysis into targeted action plans with measurable goals.
• Curious – insatiable in their appetite to understand our customers and what they expect (through profiling our business and those of successful peers) and then implementing this knowledge in successful plans.
• Influential – this person will share their knowledge not just with RCB colleagues but with customers, partners, and other breweries. They will be a natural sharer and an engine of productive partnerships.
• Self-starting and robust – as a small business, we try lots of things and many succeed but some fail. Learn from the failures, repeat and double down on the successes. Take success and failure in your stride without ever losing passion.
The Marketing Executive role
The person must have a passion for beer and a strong desire to create a business that is the best at what it does. This means they must have fire in their belly and, as a small start-up, they must be incredibly comfortable with change, be flexible in terms of doing a variety of tasks and with delivering against large challenges and to delivering results on a start-up’s resources. In return they will be accorded significant autonomy and responsibility to help define the future of our ambitious business.
This is a full-time role. Reporting to the CEO. As we are most focused on the personality and drive of the individual and indeed because we want to be open to applications from experienced people as well as those starting out in their careers, the pay rate for this job will be defined in association with the successful candidate.
What we’re offering
• A chance to work in an independent business with big aspirations and a strong back bone of uncommonly good beer and patient growth. Working with a range of people – brewers, taproom staff, brand creatives – that are the top of their respective professions. It is a business you will be proud of and that you will remember as the place that made your career
• The opportunity to be a cornerstone of one of the region’s most exciting new businesses and to help us build a regional champion from the ground up. Involves genuine influence over the core performance and future of the business that only a start-up can bring
• Competitive salary, benefits and bonuses – commensurate with your experience
Apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org today. Please enclose your CV or LinkedIn profile along with an explanation of what you know about us and why you 'fit the bill' outlined above. We look forward to hearing from you. The successful applicant will start as soon as we find them.